Resource Categories: Podcasts and Transition Support
Mormon Transitions is a community effort to:
- Create multimedia materials (e.g., podcasts, Youtube videos, blog posts, books),
- Sponsor events (e.g., workshops, retreats),
- Nurture community, and
- Support academic research around the causes and impact of Mormon faith transitions…
…..for all who are transitioning away from orthodox Mormonism, and towards either unorthodox/progressive Mormonism or post-Mormonism. The focus of Mormon Transitions is on healing and positive growth — with a particular emphasis on “trading up” (improving your life) after a faith transition.
Some of the key areas of special interest will be the following:
- Strengthening marriages, families, and other relationships during and after a faith transition.
- Helping a marriage survive and thrive after a faith transition.
- Supporting mixed-faith marriages and mixed-faith families.
- Preventing unnecessary divorces and family strife due to religious differences.
- Raising healthy children after a faith transition.
- Communicating in healthy ways with orthodox/believing family and friends.
- Finding meaningful friendships and community after a faith transition.
- Nurturing spirituality (even secular spirituality) after a faith transition.
- Personal healing and growth after a faith transition.
- This usually entails replacing the “holes” that develop after a faith transition, including: Identity, Purpose, Meaning, Morality, Spirituality, Health Code, Community, etc.
- Leaving or Staying LDS
- Leaving: For those who are choosing to leave the LDS Church, helping you make that transition in the healthiest possible way.
- Staying: For those who are choosing to stay active in the LDS Church, helping you do so in a rich, vibrant, edifying, healthy way.
Editors Note: The podcast has not been active since 2017 – but the content is good. I got personal value out of episodes 2 & 3: How to communicate effectively with orthodox Mormons.